Tuesday 3 September 2013

A bit of Crafter's Companion Stamping........

Hello,

Well, though I would enter the Crafter's Companion September 2013 challenge - embossing!!!

This is my entry.....

I love this style of card at the moment and think it looks lovely but looks hard (I will let you into a secret - it's not and its fun to do).

Using the Embossalicious A4 and 8x8 snowflake embossing folders I have embossed acetate with the A4 snowflake embossing folder.  I took an 8x8 card and stamped Barkley on the front bottom right of the card and the sentiment LET IT SNOW (again from Barkley) on the top in the middle. I then cut out the middle section of the front of the card between the two stamps.  I then attached the snowflake embossed acetate over the section I cut away to make a "whole" card again - thus creating an embossed window.  I then cut some wavy lines on plain paper and using tumbled glass distress ink I created hills/valleys/snow drifts by inking over the wavy edges in different areas of the card, then using the 8x8 snowflake embossing folder I embossed the back of the newly distress inked card, I then stamped a SWALK image onto a separate piece of card, coloured with Spectrum Noir pens and cut out the image and stuck on the inside of the card on a hill/snow drift.

I then glittered freely and attached punched snowflakes to the front of the card.

I have put a few pictures below of this card as I was trying to show the two different embossed parts of the card.

I hope you enjoy the card - now for colours used - (Spectrum Noir pens):

Bartley - hat DR4,6,7, ears IG4,6,7, paw CR4
Snow/shadow - IG1 and IB1
SWALK - Green top, skirt, boots, CG4, LG2, 3, Red top, boots, bow, gloves, DR2, 3 7, Scarfs ,FL3, ,3 LG3, OR1, CR1, Orange gloves / carrot nose OR1.  Hair CT1,2,3,4,TN2,3, 2nd person's hair CT4,GB5, TN3.  Top Hat IG3,5,6 BT7.






Thanks for looking.  Happy crafting.  TTFN - Debs x

No comments:

Post a Comment