Saturday 10 January 2015

What can you do with toilet roll tubes and kitchen roll tubes.....

Hello,

Well, at our last craft workshop, one of the members had such a simple but wonderful idea of using a toilet roll tube (empty of course) and using it as a stand to put her glue in (upside down) so it is always ready to use and the glue is at the tip.

So, I asked her if I could borrow the idea, she said yes, so I started to have a play this morning - couldn't sleep as usual so thought I would raid the cupboards to find empty tubes, couldn't find any so I emptied some tubes.... as you do!  My hubby will be finding loads of kitchen foil loose in a draw now ;-) lol.

I decided to use earthy tones, browns and greens, I started by measuring how far down the glue bottle will go inside the toilet roll tube and where I wanted it to sit.  The tube was slightly too wide so I created a step in the inside of the tube by adding foam pads to create a "lip" inside the tube where the neck of the glue sits nicely.

I then added patterned papers, ribbon, butterflies, bow's, flowers, gems, glitter, etc to the tube.  I decided I could do this with the inside of kitchen roll and kitchen foil tubes and could use them for my glue syringes, glue pens, and small glue pots, so I again cut to size and decorated in the same theme.

I then added 3 of the small ones together to form a "glue pot holder" like the pen pots you can buy with different size tubes for different things.

This is what I have made so far..... the potential for decorating is enormous and the limit is only your imagination.  I did get a bit enthusiastic with it ;-)

It might turn in to a future workshop project - what do you think?












TTFN,  Happy Crafting.

Debs x

No comments:

Post a Comment