Tuesday 20 August 2013

a little bit of stamping and embossing fun.....

Hello again,

I have been a bit creative lately - and getting back to my stamping roots - as you will see from the photo's below.  I have used stamps from Ali'sinkyfingers and Clarity Stamps (flowers and florna).

On the first card below, I cut out a shaped card created two matt and layers and using a spectrum noir red pen (DR2) I coloured the edges (only the bits that you could see) and stamped on the smaller matt and layer with an ali'sinkyfingers stamp and water coloured with walnut stain distress ink.  I wanted to keep the card quite neutral with the colour coming from the matt and layer.  I then took a black fine liner pen and did dots and dashes around the edges of the card creating a patterened border.
The second card I did exactly the same but only used walnut stain distress inks to water colour the image and to shade round the image.  I then used a corner die to cut four corners and mixed a few embossing powders together that I found in my draw to give me a pinky/coppery effect with a hint of black and white glitter embossing powder thrown in for good measure.  I pressed the corners into a clear (wet) ink pad and poured on the newly created embossing powder then used my heat gun to set it.  Then simply matt and layered them to the card.  I am very happy with the results of my playing.
Well, off to do a bit more playing.  Happy crafting.  TTFN. Debs x

No comments:

Post a Comment