Saturday 24 August 2013

Christmas has arrived...... well it has in the craft world!

Hello again,

I felt Christmassy today and have been inspired by the lovely Dinkie snowman stamp from Indigo Blu.

Using a 8x8 card blank, I stamped the Dinkie Snowman on the right side of the card about 2 inches up and about 3 inches in from the right hand side (but wherever you fancy is good).  Using a Inkadinkado sentiment stamp, I stamped Merry Christmas at the top in the middle of the card (about 1 inch down from the top). I then took a craft knife and cut around the snowman and to the edges of the card and up about 2 inches from the top then straight to the right hand edge, giving me a top and bottom flap.  Using Hunkydory snowflake acetate I put a piece behind the front of the card, making it into a solid front again.

I then liberally added glitter (it is Christmas after all).

For the inside of the card, I stamped a pretty Christmas tree (this is a Do-Crafts stamp) on the left hand side and punched out a one inch circle from sticky notes put it on the card above the tree to make a moon, using tumbled glass distress ink I inked around the edge of the "moon", then took the sticky note off leaving a silhouette moon, I then cut wavy lines in a piece of copier paper and randomly put hills around the tree in the same tumbled glass distress ink, then took a Santa in a sledge and reindeer's stamp (from Dimension Forth Ltd) and stamped this at the top of the card and again glittered (you can never have enough glitter and sparkle). And this is the finished result.

What do you think?


I am very happy with the finished result.  I think I have found my Christmas Cards for this year, one down ****** to go ;-)

TTFN

Debs x

Remember to check out my website for more ideas and workshop times and dates. www.thecarddemon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment