Wednesday 12 March 2014

Mother's Day......... Carried On!

Hello again,

Continuing on with the personalised Mother's Day gifts, so far we have, 2 DVD's (not hand made), hand made scarf, hand made box for everything to be put in and a hand made card and some bubble bath, moisturiser etc for a bit of pampering.

I thought I would continue down the handmade route and make a personalised picture frame for her.

I started with a basic wooden frame (the size is not important......), I roughly sanded the frame and added some stain to the frame to make the wood darker and then glitter sprayed the frame with Crafter's Companion Pearl Spray to give it a little sparkle (not too much - just a hint).

I then die cut a fence panel from white card and coloured in with my EB3, EB5, EB7 Spectrum Noir Pens, and cut a branch from Core-dinations card stock, I punched out 4 butterflies and coloured with Spectrum Noir pens (PP2, PP4, CR4) and stuck two together and  then sprayed with Crafter's Companion (purple can) re-positional spray glue and dipped in glitter (you can also use the red can - permanent glue spray), I then used Tonic stamp and punch to create the flowers, once punched out of white card and stamped I coloured with Spectrum Nior pens (PP2, PP4), and stuck two together, I added glitter and once dry I dipped in melted clear embossing powder (UTEE - I used a melt pot for this) and left to dry, I also punched twigs and branches and again coloured and dipped in melted UTEE and set aside to dry.

I put the picture in the frame and added the fence to the bottom left hand side and the flowers and branches/twigs to the bottom right corner and the branch top left and finally added butterflies and used a liquid pearl pen to create butterfly trails down the frame.

I used a hot glue gun to stick everything down, but you could use 3d glue gel if you prefer.

I then decided to get my own back for all the embarrassing baby pictures and put a lovely picture of my Mom wearing a pink piggy hat....... you know what they say about pay backs!

Ta Dah......


I really enjoyed making this project and it is definitely unique.  Father's Fay next........ what embarrassing pictures do I have of my Dad!

TTFN -  Happy Crafting.

Love Debs x




No comments:

Post a Comment