Wednesday 24 June 2015

The Printable Craft Shop - Spring Curly Mouse Box Card

Hello again,

I am loving the designs from The Printable Craft Shop, there is so much to choose from and the images and papers are beautifully designed and print perfectly.  I have attached the link to their website below.

http://printable-craftshop.com/boutique/
http://printable-craftshop.com/boutique/designers/paper-creator/ultimate-kits-mega-bundle

I used the Spring Curly Mouse designs from The Printable Craft Shop:

Backing paper 3
Backing paper 4
Small Topper Sheet
Curly the mouse spring image
Bows
Tag
2 x sentiments (If friends were flowers I'd pick you and Wishing you the happiest of birthday's)

I decided to make a box card, I started with an A4 piece of card stock and score down the width at 7 cm, 14 cm, 21 cm and 28 cm, I then turned 90 degrees and scored at 12 cm.

I then cut down the 4 score lines to the 12 cm horizontal, and trimmed off the extra bit (top section only - keep the bottom section to form a tab to stick the box together).

Fold each score as a mountain fold and attach the tab at the end behind the first panel to form a box shape.

Using spare card cut two strips of card 1 cm by 9 cm and score 1 cm from each end.  These are glued inside the top of the box part of the card as they form frames to glue your characters/toppers to.

Using backing paper 4 as the matt and backing paper 3 as the layer, I created matt and layered on the bottom sections of the box, and on the fold down section at the top of the box.

I made up 4 bows and added a gem to each one, I cut out the spring Curly the mouse image and glittered the flowers.

I die cut the sentiments with pretty frames and inked round the edges with a soft pink distress ink - spun sugar.

From the small topper sheet I cut out the two border strips.

I trimmed the border strips down to size and glued to the front of the box and to each of the inside tabs.  I then stuck the main image to the back tab, and the sentiments to the back /top of the box and the front panel, I added the finished bows to the box to finish.

The good thing about this card is that it folds virtually flat and fits into an A5 envelope.  It is one of my favourite card types, its so versatile and can you can see from the card pictures below, you do not need to add too much to it to make a stunning card.






Happy Crafting

TTFN

Debs x

No comments:

Post a Comment