Tuesday 23 June 2015

Graduation cards x 4.....

Hello all,

What can I say about the last couple of months - its had some very high highs and some very low lows.

I celebrated my 45th birthday last Tuesday at work, my very first ever worked birthday, and can I say a special thank you to Sabina and Tasmin, you made it so special for me, thank you so much, it meant such a lot to me.

So, I thought it was time I got back to blogging again and have made 4 graduation cards for a lovely lady at work who's daughter and 3 best friends who are graduating.....

Therein lies the the dilemma.... how do you make 4 different graduation cards for 4 friends so they do not all look the same - hopefully I did.

What do you think...

I made 4 different folds cards.

I made a zigzag card, an acetate step card, a stair card and a box card.  I was really pleases with the result.

I used Robert Addams graduation dies for the graduation words and pictures on all 4 cards and started with A4 card for each card.

Zigzag card - I used a polka dot embossing folder on white card for the layer (to make the base card - score 10 cm from each end, mark centre of first and third panels and score down to 5 cm at the top and bottom, then cut between these two score lines down the length of the card again at top and bottom, then fold each score as mountain and valley folds), I used gold miri card as the base card, then added die cuts.

Acetate Step Card - score at 1 inch, 2 inch, 3 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch and 6 inch and mountain and valley fold these score lines, turn card round and score at 1 inch and fold over.  Matt add layer in papers of your choice (I used white card with gold embossed lines on it), I stuck acetate to the front of the card (measuring from the bottom of the first score to the top and cut to size) and added die cuts.

Box card - score down the width at 7 cm, 14 cm, 21 cm and 28 cm, then down the length at 12 cm. fold into a box shape, the remainder (from 28 cm to 29 3/4 cm) use as a tab to stick the one end of the card to the other to form the box element.    Trim down each score line from top to middle, this creates the flaps at the top half of the card.  Stick tabs of card inside the box to use as anchors to attach your die cuts to.

Stair card ...... to be explained at a later date, this is for the next workshop.






TTFN

Happy Crafting

D

No comments:

Post a Comment