Wednesday 18 February 2015

Granny's Bragging Book.....

Hello,

I have been asked to make a granny's bragging book (well, now 3 of them ;-) ).

What fun I had making this.  Everything is made from Centura Pearl white card stock, made into a book with hinged pages then decorated in blues for a baby boy.

I made the book first and created hinges for the pages to stick to, I did this by score a long piece of card at 1 cm but with a longer piece at each end before the scores, I stuck card blanks which I made to each side of the hinges to make a solid book, then added a cover and back cover and started to decorate.

I have used mainly Crafter's Companion images for this book, Bebunny, Humphrey, Popcorn, Soufflé as they are perfect for this.  I added patterned papers to each page matted with blue miri card and added pockets and corners to tuck pictures into to, and tags for journalling (adding personal notes).

I made the box to fit the book and decorated the box to match the cover of the book, and lined the box with blue tissue paper, below are pictures of each page and how I decorated them.  Of course, I added ribbon, and some pearls and bling - you have to.

 It was such a lovely project to do and I am glad I have to do it over again - 3 times ;-) x
































If you would like to order one, please email me: thecraftdemon@gmail.com and advise the colour you would like and what text you would like on the front of the book / box.

TTFN

Happy Crafting

Debs x

No comments:

Post a Comment