Thursday, 1 January 2015

Tiddly Inks Stamps - Fairy Fae Catches A Star.

Hello,

Well, I have been a bit mad in my craft room today, I know it is the start of a new year and I wanted to start the year how I intended to carry on - by crafting loads..... but I have been in here for about 10 hours throughout the day today...... I am becoming addicted..... I am sure there is a support group I should join for this addiction.....  Forget "becoming addicted", I am a full blown addict - who am I trying to kid ;-) I absolutely love it.

Well, to carry on today's theme - I have created a card using Tiddly Inks Fairy Fae Catches a Star digi stamp, which you can get from the Tiddly Inks website - and loads more stamps as well.  The link to there website is here - www.tiddlyinks.com - you can see for yourself the beautiful images they have there, be warned, you will be spoilt for choice and want them all.

I coloured her in using Spectrum Noir pens, hair, GB3, CT4,3,2, LY3,1, TN1, skin, FS4,3,1,PP1, wings IB1, dress, HB3,2,1, TB3.  I added glitter to the stars and wings and also the bottom of her dress.  I then cut the image out as a rectangle, but found an old frame in my craft stash that was part of another topper I used ages ago, and it fit perfectly so I decided to use this as the frame for Fairy Fae.

I got an 8x8 card blank, and matt with silver miri card, I found some lovely almost transparent background paper with shadow swirls on it and used this to layer onto the silver miri card.

I used a die cut doily in the top right of the card and put the frame on the right side of the card but centred between the top and bottom of the card covering most of the doily.

I punched out various leaves and flowers and cut into them and coloured them a mixture, of lilac, blue, lemon and left some white and layered them up, then added gems to the centres.  I put the flowers in a random pattern on the bottom left of the card and added different leaves/branches in greens and browns.

I took two different thicknesses of different shades of purple/lilac ribbon and tied them together into a bow and trimmed the ends and put on the top left of the card.  I added a jewelled butterfly decal to the centre of the bow, and stamped butterflies onto velum and embossed with silver embossing powder and cut out and added to the card around the frame and flowers.  Finally, I added three holographic gems to the bottom right of the card - just because I could and I do like a bit of bling and glitter.

This card took a white to make due to all the various elements, die cutting, punching flowers, stamping and embossing butterflies etc. but I love this card - I love how you start with an idea in your head and finish sometimes with a different card to what you imagined but are happy with the results.

This is my card ;-)))


Until next time.....

Happy Crafting.  TTFN.

Debs xx