Tuesday 10 September 2013

Regency swirls embossalicious 8x8 embossing folder.....

Hello again

I have some fun this evening, I decided to make another card using Crafter's Companion Regency Swirls Embossalicious 8x8 embossing folder.

I have a confession to make - I used my ebosser and put my sandwich in wrong making it too thick.  My ebosser decided it was going take the sandwich in so far and then stop and not move for anything.  So there is me with my hammer giving the stuck sandwich a good few whacks to get the sandwich out, which I successfully did, and then re-made my sandwich correctly and happily embossed my card stock.  I am very pleased with the quality of this item and despite whacking my plates with a hammer, everything works perfectly and they are hardly scuffed.  Well done Crafter's Companion - I am a very happy customer.

Well, on with the card.  I used centura pearl card for my base card and cut 2 6" circles, then I cut a pastel centura pearl peach 5 1/2" circle and finally a 5" circle.  I scored a margin of 1.5cm from one edge of the 6" circle and attached the other same size circle to it creating a folded card (the 1.5cm margin being the fold).

I then embossed the 5 1/2 and 5" circles with the regency swirls embossalicious embossing folder and matt and layered the circles on the card.

I took a SWALK stamp and stamped the characters onto Neenah card stock and cut out using a scalloped oval (Go Greate) die and coloured using spectrum noir pens.  I stamped a sentiment and lined the edge with CR2 spectrum noir pen (running the edge of the pen round the edge of the stamped and cut out sentiment).

I placed this on the centre of the circles and took a piece of white ribbon and tied a double bow and curled the tails around the edge of the card using Collall 3D glue gel to stick down.

Finally using a white pearl pen I put pearls around the edge of the card and using a clear glaze (glossy accents) I put this over the wine glasses to give a glass like finish.

Here is the finished card.


Other than the problems with the wrong sandwich (which was my fault) which was very traumatic when I thought I had broken my ebosser and exhilaration when I realised that I hadn't broken it, I am very happy with the finished card.

What do you think?

Well, off to bed now.  Happy crafting.

TTFN

Debs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment