Thursday 1 January 2015

Tiddly Inks Stamps...

Hello all,

Happy New Year to everyone, it is 1st January 2015 and time for crafting (you know me, it is always crafting time - no excuses needed to craft) :-)

For my Christmas cards this year (last year now!!!) I used some of the Tiddly Inks Digi Stamp Images - they are so cute and versatile to use.

There web address is: www.tiddlyinks.com

If you have not seen any of there images before, you will be amazed, they are so cute and versatile.

Using the digistamp Skater Wryn, I printed out the digi stamped image (3 times - I got a bit enthusiastic) and coloured all three images in using Spectrum Noir pens.

I used traditional Christmas colours and used DR7,6,5,2 spectrum noir pens for the dress, gloves and hat, and used FS4,3,2,1 and PP1 for the skin,  For the boots, for two of the images I used the same reds as above, but one I shaded in greys, BGR4,2,1, finally the hair - I do tend to colour the hair for the person I am sending the card to - which is one of the best things about digi stamps, you are in control, it is your vision, you can make larger, smaller, duplicate and flip the images so you can have two facing each other, you can colour how you want to, and match the hair, skin, clothes to your friends - the only limit is your imagination.....

For the first card (first picture below), I did the hair my colour, sort of a dark blonde/brown with a slight hint of red, (TN7,5,3,2, EB4, GB3,LY3).  I then cut out the image, I do tend to leave a small white border around my cut images, but it is your choice how you cut them out.

I took an 8x8 base card and matt with silver miri card, then used some pearlescent white card and embossed this card with snowflakes, you can shade this with distress inks, but I chose to leave pure white for this card.  I die cut two poinsettias and 4 holly leaves and added distress inks through the dies (fired brick for the poinsettias - and forrest green for the holly), I added liquid pearls (white) in the centre of the poinsettias and red on the holly for the berries.  I then added a poinsettia to opposite corners of the card and added the holly to each side of the poinsettias creating a frame (of sorts) to place my coloured Tiddly Ink's Skater Wryn image in the centre of the card.  I finished the card with a stamped die cut sentiment, and added glitter to Skater Wryn's hat.  I wanted a clean finish to the card so kept it quite simple with the beautiful digi stamp as the main focus of my card.


For the next two cards, I used my friend and myself as the character images - and again used Tiddly Inks' digi stamp Skater Wryn.  I used traditional Christmas colours and used DR7,6,5,2 spectrum noir pens for the dress, gloves, boots and hat, and used FS4,3,2,1 and PP1 for the skin,  For the first card below the hair colours used were TN7,5,3,2, EB4, GB3,LY3, for the second card below the hair colours used were LT1,2,3,GB1.

For the cards - I took A4 card and folded to create A5 landscape cards, I matt with silver miri card.
To create the backgrounds, I started with A5 white card and using tumbled glass distress inks I lightly inked the top half of the card creating a sky scene, leaving the bottom half white (for snow), I added white dots using a white gel pen and added glittered dots to create some layers.  I took some tree images and printed out and enlarged some and shrunk some to create a dimensional background again I added glitter to these.  I die cut sentiments from silver miri card and added below the largest tree on the bottom right of the cards.  Finally I cut out the coloured digi stamps and added to the cards.

You then have images of me and my best friend on matching Christmas cards - they went down really well ;-)




To see more images, please visit the tiddlyinks facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/tiddlyinksstamps/

This is my entry for the DT call - good luck everyone.

Happy Crafting, TTFN

Debs x

No comments:

Post a Comment