Wednesday 9 April 2014

quilled flowers

Hello all,

I needed to make a "thinking  of you" card for someone at work who has had some very bad news this week.

So I though what better than some beautiful quilled flowers and loads of glitter to cheer someone up a little.

Using the Crafter's Companion quilling dies, I  cut, coloured with spectrum noir pens (PP1, PP3, PP5, CT1, CT3, CT4, GB5, GB3, CR1, CR2, HB1, HB2, HB3, and LG2, LG4, CG4, for the leaves) and quilled 7 flowers and sprayed with Crafter's Companion Stick and Stay and dipped in glitter..... you need a bit of sparkle.

I punched and die cut various leaves and again coloured and sprayed with glue and dipped in glitter (only some of them).  I punched out a vase and coloured with spectrum noir (EB7)

For the base card, I used A3 centura pearl snow white card, I folded in half to make an A4 card, matted with silver miri card and layered with centura pearl snow white card, I then die cut a trellis panel and matted with silver miri card and stuck to the base card.  I added the vase, leaves and flowers, then added punched, coloured, glittered butterflies, a pretty ribbon, gems, and liquid pearls butterfly trials and finished with a sentiment.

Hopefully it will make the person smile and remember she has a lot of people who care for her and who are wishing her well and thinking of her.



TTFN

Debs x

No comments:

Post a Comment